Day of the Dead 2016 Art Show Oct. 1st
Calling 'new' artists. If you have not shown with Casita del Pueblo we invite you to submit your art for our Day of the Dead collective art show.
Guidelines for NEW artists and returning friends :) :
1. All art work must be submitted for approval to Casitadelpueblo@msn.com
- Please include your name, contact info, artwork info: name of piece(s), dimensions, medium and price. ALL ART WORK MUST BE FOR SALE. no NFS art will be accepted.
-Due to the number of artists participating in this collective art show we can only accept 2 pieces of art only and artwork cannot exceed 24 x 36 (no exceptions).
2. All mediums are welcome. Paintings, Photography, Sculpture, Paper, etc.
- ALL ART MUST FIT THE THEME.
3. ART WORK must be in the gallery by Sept. 26 - Sept. 30 before 6 pm. Please give the gallery notice when you will be in to hand in art work.
4. The Dia de los Muertos Art show will be up at Casita Del Pueblo from Oct 1, 2016 thru Nov. 7. 2016.
Please address any future question to us at casitadelpueblo.com.Theme:
Casita del Pueblo is paying homage to the "...holiday celebrated in central and southern Mexico during the chilly days of November 1 & 2. Even though this coincides with the Catholic holiday called All Soul's & All Saint’s Day, the indigenous people have combined this with their own ancient beliefs of honoring their deceased loved ones. ( Link to direct website here)..."
This warm holiday is now being embraced by cultures everywhere and we can express that love and celebration through art!
All art that will be excepted must fit these themes. I have included links that will help you research below.
Day of the Dead is NOT Halloween. For a fun listen on Halloween origins please click below.
Good Halloween read: Click